Dr Govind Krishna
• FRACS (Fellow of the Australasian College of Surgeons)
• MS (Master of Surgery), University of Auckland, NZ
• MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
• Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand (OSSANZ)
• Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
• Australian Medical Council (AMC)
• Australia & New Zealand Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Association
• Australia & New Zealand Metabolic & Obesity Surgery Society
• New Zealand Gatroenterological Society
• Conjoint Lecturer, Western Sydney University
• 20+ experience in gastrointestinal surgery
• 15+ years specialising in obesity surgery
• 1,250+ weight loss surgery procedures
• 2,000+ gastric surgery procedures
Dr Govind Krishna is a specialist weight-loss surgeon, providing affordable consultative and surgical services to patients in Western and Southern Sydney. He has over 20+ years of gastrointestinal surgical experience, and more than 15+ years of experience focussed on the field of bariatric surgery. During this time, Dr Krishna has performed a considerable number of sleeve gastrecomy procedures and has developed significant specialisation in the procedure.
Dr Krishna holds a Master of Surgery degree in General Surgery, specialising in gastrointestinal surgery. After completing his initial medical training, Dr Krishna underwent advanced surgical training in General Surgery in New Zealand and obtained his FRACS (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) in General Surgery in 1999 with interests in Upper-Gastrointestinal Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Vascular Access Surgery for chronic renal failure patients. He undertook a year of Vascular Surgery Fellowship at Auckland Hospital New Zealand followed by a year of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery Fellowship at St George Hospital, Sydney. Thereafter, Dr Krishna was a Consultant Surgeon at Middlemore and Whangarei Hospital New Zealand.
In addition to bariatric surgery, Dr Govind Krishna also has extensive experience in advanced Upper-Gastrointestinal Laparoscopic surgery, including complex hiatal-hernia surgery to treat chronic acid reflux (GORD), hernia surgery and cholecystectomy.
- Campbelltown Private Hospital
- Sydney Southwest Private Hospital
- Hurstville Private Hospital
- Fairfield Public