Cost of Weight Loss Surgery
Below prices are indicative only. Pricing structure may vary depending on your level of insurance cover (assuming your policy covers you for weight loss surgery), your policy’s associated excess and your choice of hospital.
If you have private health insurance, you should confirm with them that you are covered for weight loss surgery. If you don’t have private health insurance or you policy doesn’t cover you, please note that some hospitals offer a discount to major hospitals for weight loss surgery and you can be operated on there to reduce the costs.
Please email us with your situation for a precise quote if needed.
- Insured patient = $4,349 minus $849 Medicare rebate = $3,500 out of pocket (all costs included*)
- Uninsured patient = $14,640 minus the $640 Medicare rebate = $14,000 out of pocket (all costs included*) [at Hurstville Private Hospital only]
- Insured patient = $5,545 minus $1,045 Medicare rebate = $4,500 out of pocket (all costs included*)
- Uninsured patient = $22,284 minus the $784 Medicare rebate = $21,500 out of pocket (all costs included*)
- Insured patient = $5,349 minus $849 Medicare rebate = $4,500 out of pocket (all costs included*)
- Uninsured patient = $16,137 minus the $637 Medicare rebate = $15,500 out of pocket (all costs included*)
* Cost shown includes all fees for Dr Govind Krishna + surgical assistant + anaesthetists + hospital fees + dietitian and exercise physiologist for one year + specialist psychiatric assessment + GST.
- MediPay specialise in payment plans for medical and surgical procedures. This might be an option if you are looking for a way to finance bariatric surgery.
- You can also access your superannuation to pay for your care. The application for early super release is processed by the Australian Tax Office. You will need to complete an application form and obtain a written letter of support from both your GP and Dr Krishna. Dr Krishna will provide a letter of support upon request after your initial consultation. It takes about 3 weeks for the ATO to process the application and a further 4-6 weeks for your superannuation fund to release the funds to your personal bank account. Government information can be found on the ATO website or the Australian Government Department Human Services website.